Sometimes you just need a good, basic, chocolate chip cookie..
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Get your baking tray ready with a Silpat mat.
2. In a bowl combine half melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Mix until light and fluffy.
3. Add vanilla and egg, scraping sides of the bowl to fully incorporate.
4. Add flour, rolled oats, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips. Mix until everything is just fully incorporated. You don't want to over mix.
5. Roll 1.5 tablespoons of dough into balls and gently pat down to flatten. Bake one tray of cookies at a time (6 cookies), for 9-10 minutes, or until edges just start to brown.
How do you like your chocolate chip cookies? Flat and crunchy? Or thick and chewy?